Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend of Epic Fail

This weekend. Wow. Where to even begin.

Well Friday I went out with some of my friends and we hopped around to different parties, and by the end of the evening let's say I was not in the best of states. Well, I ended up having given my number to a creepy guy who I now have labeled in my phone as Danger Creepy Don't Answer. Greeeaaat.

While I feel as though explaining this evening in more detail would be irresponsible of me, I will say this: it was such a bad night, that I literally thought my weekend could get no worse.

Wrong.

Just to add the cherry on top of this most delicious sundae, I forgot to move my car to the designated parking lot before the weekend ended. What happens here when you forget to do that? Oh yea, you get towed. That's not the best part... just bend over and grab your ankles because now you have to pay 110 DOLLARS to get your car back!!! Seriously?!?! Yes. I kid you not.

So, I resigned myself to this fate this morning and, with much pain, transferred 110.00 into my checking account so I could go pay the campus police to get my car out of jail. I got to the building and I find out that they don't take credit or debit cards, only checks or they offer you the option to put it on your tuition bill. I don't have checks, and this is only because they got stolen when my car was broken into over the summer and I haven't remembered/had the money to order new ones yet. Great. More bad luck coming back to haunt me. So instead, I had to have them add it to my tuition and call my parents and explain why they were going to have a 110.00 charge on my tuition at the end of the month. Lovely.

So after going through all this pain, I find out that I was wrong about yet another thing. I was under the impression that the cars got towed to the gigantic lot beside the campus police office, but I guess that's just asking too much because, instead, they take them to an auto repair shop owned by a guy named Chester. This shop is in walking distance if you feel like spending 30 minutes of your day trekking down a creepy road to get to Chester and your waiting vehicle. Since I didn't fancy spending that much time walking, I called one of my friends to see if she could drive me down there at some point during the day. She assured me she could, and we figured out a time to go. I looked up the hours of the shop in the yellow pages to make sure we would get there before it closed at 5:30. My friend and I pulled into Chester's at 5:10 and what do we see? Nothing. There is no one there. They closed early and my poor car is sitting in the back corner of the lot looking very sad and lonely.

So now I have to go back tomorrow and meet this Chester character and get my ride back so that I can go to Starbucks and get a much needed chai to calm myself down from this weekend from hell that just won't seem to let go. Someone should let it know it's practically Tuesday. Give it up, bud.

Oh, and total side note: I am trying to design a header for the blog when I have some time, so it might look boring for a little while... if this is totally offensive to anyone, let me know and I'll come up with a temporary fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment